Friday

Behind the Scenes: Shalla, what exactly happened behind the scenes?


News!

You're Invited!


Join our SHALLA Magazine book signing at
SDSU Writers' Conference 2010


When?
Saturday, January 30, 6-7:30 pm


Where?
In the Grand Ballroom of the
Doubletree Hotel, Mission Valley

Pasted from <http://www.shallamagazine.com/>


Okay, so I was editing and revising 5 issues of SHALLA Magazine for publication, then POW! I found out there's this book signing I can go to. I've already paid for the conference anyway (almost $500 ) and if I had a book, I can do a book signing there for free. Great, I like free.

But conflict! It was going to be in 4 weeks! I had 4 weeks to approve the proofs, get it printed and mailed to me. So, panic set in.

Lesson learned: Never listen to your panicky self. Remember when you're panicking to stop panicking.

Easier to see in hindsight, but yes, I did, I admit it, I rushed in and approved 2 proofs for 2 magazine issues. Then ordered 20 copies of the books, just enough so I can have something to sign at the book signing.

Conflict! Then, after a day or two, I realized, I haven't spell checked! And it was in white paper, I wanted it in cream! So, still panicky, I did it again. Updated the file, ordered a proof copy and ordered 16 more to sign at the book signing.

All good, right? Well, when the books and proof arrived (at the same time) the front cover was redder than I had wanted….

In the end, it all arrived pretty early, I still have 2.5 weeks before the book signing and I have 36 copies that I would not have approved of have I relaxed and calmly ordered the books.

But, I believe everything will always turn out for the best. So, what can I do with these 36 copies of not-exactly-the -look-for-the books-I-wanted?

I'm doing a raffle, anyone who buys my other book can win a copy of SHALLA Magazine. I'll also be handing them out to people at the conference, more likely to literary agents, editors and publishers who's interested in doing a Q&A for http://www.shalladeguzman.com/ or http://www.shallamagazine.com/. It's going to be like my calling card, since it's got my picture on the cover, the website address, even the twitter address.

Plus, my sister said, if I still have any extra copies, I can give her one and friends or family who'd like a copy. If I still have any left over (there's only 36) my sister suggests I give them away as gifts. You know--oh, it's cousin so-and-so's birthday--happy birthday! Here's a copy of SHALLA Magazine just for you!

And how about those wonderful people who's bought a copy of SHALLA Magazine in this condition?

I say, you've just bought yourself some gold bullions! SHALLA Magazine in the not-exactly-the -look-for-the books-I-wanted condition qualifies it as a collectible!

Think about it, there are only 36 copies out there of this particular SHALLA Magazine around, ever! You better wish for SHALLA Magazine's super stardom, or mine, or any of the authors featured in the issue because if even just one of us makes it big (the bigger the better) the more valuable your copy of SHALLA Magazine will be.

And I wish for you millions and billions of U.S. dollars and Euro, coming showering down, depositing themselves into your bank account, all legal, all up-and-up, all yours. Prosperity, riches, all the money you'll ever need and want.

And if that doesn't work out, you've still got your copy of SHALLA Magazine--one you can snuggle next to, giving you good vibes, making you feel all warm and cozy. Love, peace, happiness, and entertainment.

You're bored? Turn to page 9. Need some romance in your life, turn to page 21, that will set you straight and get you into thinking differently.

You like drama? Horror? Something deliciously sinful… well, you're so lucky if you bought a copy of SHALLA Magazine. Which issue? It doesn't even matter.

https://www.createspace.com/3410702

 

Thanks for Visiting!

Come back soon and check out my Best Sellers :)

Questions? Compliments? (I like getting kind emails :)

Please title emails with "Hi Shalla" otherwise they might get deleted.

shalla_de_guzman@yahoo.com

A ShallaDeGuzman Writers Group | Let's Shalla Blog | SHALLA Magazine | SHALLA on Twitter
Get Your Book Published! | Podcast | MySpace
| Facebook | SHALLA on YouTube | Shalla's Book List for Writers



Copyright Shalla DeGuzman. All rights reserved.